Click here for Port Site Induction
Everybody requiring entry to the port must complete the Port Site Induction and any other relevant inductions where port access is required. Completing the Port induction does not automatically entitle you to access to the Port. To gain access to the Port an application form needs to be completed. Details are provided below on the induction and access process.
If you have any questions about inductions, access cards, or the induction process please email us at [email protected].
Port Site Induction
The Port Site Induction is the main induction and everyone entering the Tauranga Container Terminal (TCT) at Sulphur Point AND the Mount Maunganui port sites must complete this induction before entering the Port.
Entry to the Port is subject to the security entry rules found on the Procedures and Compliance page.
To print a copy of the induction guidance document please click on the Port Induction Document link below.
Operational Area Inductions
If you require entry to specific operational areas that are restricted access areas at Sulphur Point or Mount Maunganui, you must complete an additional induction. Sites that require additional inductions are:
Sulphur Point (TCT)
● Wharf Apron (Berth 23, 24, 25): Induction required for vehicle access to the wharf.
● R&D Truck Exchange: Induction required for vehicle access to the yard.
● Northern Truck Exchange: Authorised access only.
For information about restricted access inductions contact:
|Wharf Apron and Northern Truck Exchange||Email: [email protected]|
|R&D Truck Exchange||Email: [email protected]|
For information about these restricted access inductions contact:
|Blue Road Zones||Port of Tauranga Reception 07 572 8899||Authorised access only|
|Red Zones||Contact the office of the company you are working for:
C3 07 572 8909
ISO 07 577 7600
|Absolutely no entry without prior authorisation|
|Debarker||ISO 07 577 7600|
Port Access Cards
In order to facilitate the creation of new or replacement port cards, please submit the following via email to [email protected].
- Completed application form (must be signed and authorised by the employer).
- Include a purchase order number if required by your company (there is a $15 charge for all new and replacement cards). Port of Tauranga does not accept credit or cash payments.
- Include a copy of the driver’s license – both front and back. If no driver’s license, include a copy of the passport, or 18+ card or other government issued ID (only pedestrian access will be granted).
- Include a current photo (no more than 6 months old) taken against a BLANK background from the waist up – in landscape format (like your TV/computer monitor) not portrait format (like a door). Hats and sunglasses must be removed – turbans are OK. Close up head shots are NOT acceptable. This photograph must be in .jpg format, and cannot be in pdf format/scanned copy of a picture.
The holder of a valid port access card must never loan or give it to anyone else to use. It is the responsibility of each access card holder to ensure their card is not used for deception or unauthorised access to the Port. If you have lost or misplaced your access card you must report it to Port Security or Port of Tauranga Reception on 07 572 8899 immediately.
Staff Leaving Employment on Port
It is the responsibility of the company employing the Port access card holder to advise POT Reception of their staff member’s cessation of employment within 12 hours of departure.
Visitors to the Port
Please print a copy of your induction certificate (or download on a smartphone), and present it to the Port Security gatehouse staff along with approved photo identification (ID).
IMPORTANT NOTE: The induction certificate does not permit access to the Port. It can be presented to port security to demonstrate the induction has been successfully completed. Entry will only be permitted in accordance with the rules outlined in the Port Site Induction.
If you have any questions about the induction or access to the Port please contact Port of Tauranga Reception on 07 572 8899, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
Mount Maunganui Wharf Reception
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 07 572 8899
TCT (Sulphur Point) Reception
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 07 572 8761