By Government order, all workers who have visited Port of Tauranga or Ports of Auckland since 11.59pm on 21 July must be screened for Covid-19.
At Tauranga, this affects up to 6,000 individuals. We have set up a facility on site for the DHB to use as a testing station. Their resources are limited so testing will be by appointment only. We will contact employers with testing times.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms, stay home and contact your GP to arrange a test
- If you are well, please wait for further instructions about testing at the Port. There’s no need to seek a test elsewhere if you live in Tauranga
- Priority will be given to those workers who may have had contact with ships’ crew. You will be notified via your employer about when to come in for a test
- You can continue to work while you wait for your test, and while you are waiting for the results
- The test will be free
- You won’t be penalised if you don’t meet the Government’s deadline. See Dr Ashley Bloomfield’s statement here: https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE2008/S00081/reassurance-for-port-of-tauranga-workers-from-ministry-of-health-and-bopdhb.htm
- You will need your NHI number and photo identification for testing on site. Your GP will know your NHI number if you don’t have it
- Please don’t turn up for testing at the Port without an appointment.
We are very grateful for port users’ patience and understanding.